I have a special side dish that I love to make at every event that I host. Whether it would be my children's birthday parties or small gatherings, I always prepare this as a side dish. It's simple, it's quick and it's delicious! This is always the dish that quickly disappears so I make sure I make a lot. Especially since my husband has four brothers who just love to snack! I just love to hear their oohs and ahhs over this, it's actually pretty funny to hear because it is just so easy to make.
The meat can be substituted with chicken and it will still be just as good. I shop at Costco, so all the ingredients were bought there. The guacamole and salsa from there is so delicious, I never buy it anywhere else! Also, I usually don't really measure the ingredients. I just make enough to fill the layers, so this is just a guide if you like to know the exact measurements. Be sure to use enough to cover all the layers in your dish to ensure seven layer dip goodness. Enjoy!
1 lb Ground Beef
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup onion
1/4 cup Mexican Shredded cheese
1/2 cup Sour cream
1/2 cup Cream cheese
1/2 cup Chopped tomatoes
Mexican shredded cheese
1/4 cup taco seasoning
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1. Cook ground beef until no longer pink, drain.
2. Add garlic and onions and sautée for 1 min.
3. Add taco seasoning, paprika, and cumin with about 1/4 cup water.
4. Simmer for ten minutes on low-med heat.
5. Transfer ground beef to a glass dish.
6. Sprinkle shredded Mexican cheese on top of ground beef.
7. Spread the cream cheese and sour cream mixture on top.
8. Add chopped tomatoes, spoon salsa on top.
9. Spread guacamole on top, then cover with Mexican shredded cheese.
10. Serve with tortilla chips!